Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Last Weekend in Champaign

As most of you know, my sister Heidi flew out to Illinois this past Friday and spent the weekend with me and then drove back to Connecticut with me.  She got in Friday afternoon.  Friday evening we went to potluck with our grandparents.  Saturday morning, we went out with Gramp and our four Moser cousins to pick wildflower for Mother's Day bouquets, a tradition that my grandfather has done for many years.  It was neat to be able to be a part for the first time.  Here are some photos of it:

Heidi carrying the flower bucket:

Gramp, Heidi, and Anna sorting the flowers:

Gramp and Anna putting the flowers in the vases (there were a few flowers that came from domestic garden beds but most of the them were wild!):

 The finished products:

We brought five of them to put on our female relative's graves for Mother's Day, including my Aunt Amy who died in 2004:

Saturday we ate lunch with Uncle Dan, Heather, and Andrea and then went to an large indoor flea market.  Then it was off to Champaign to get my stuff packed up.  We spent part of the evening with my friends Calvin and Bethany at their house.  They have the cutest little girl to whom I am "Uncle Dave."  Bethany took a few picture of me with her but none of them had both of us looking and smiling but here's a couple of my favorites:


Sunday Uncle Loren and Aunt Joan and Uncle Dan came to Champaign for church and we went out for breakfast before church.  Aunt Joan took this picture of Heidi and I before church:

Sunday after chruch Heidi and I headed east and stayed in Junction, OH Sunday night and Rittman, OH Monday night.  We got home yesterday afternoon.  I am off this week from work so am enjoying some nice relaxation (except for the hard work of helping Dad plant onions last night ;).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you disect the chickens yet?? :)

dvm2015 said...

Yup, did it today, how'd you know about that?

Sarah said...

Your mom told me :)
I personally find it disgusting though!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad must be a real slave driver - making you plant onions when you were barely home.