Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 1 Done

I have made it through my first week of the spring semester!  Things went fine, I am finding a lot of the information pretty interesting which is good, I'm kind of interested in the little bugs that cause disease in animals and since that's what most of our study is on this quarter (viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi) I'm liking it.  Now, I have a 3 day weekend for which I am excited!  I am going to spend some time with my cousins and go to Goodfield for church.  It will be nice to have a little break!  I am going to end with a couple more phrases courtesy of our parasitology professor Dr. Paul:

First, let me explain two things.  Cosmopolitan distribution means that the parasite is found all over the world where the environment is right for it, not only in one country.  Steatorrhea (Stee-at-or-ee-ah) is the presence of fat in the feces.  Okay, here they are:

Leishmania has a cosmopolitan distribution, which means it comes in vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate.

Giardia can lead to malabsorption and maldigestion, and result in pasty diarrhea, pale, malodorous (smelly) feces, steatorrhea, North Korea, South Korea, and weight loss


No comments: