Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Mexico

I got back to Connecticut from Mexico on Friday.  I had an amazing time in Mexico, I just love going down there, helping those in need while forming new and strengthening already existing friendships.  Here are the photos I took.  I will post some others that other folks took as they become available:



The vet workshop






New banner announcing our presence!



 




Apparently Charlotte was really wanting to do some gardening ;)

This donkey had severe club foot which is when the hoof doesn't have the angle like it's supposed to


This guy came along and was singing to some of us

Club-footed donkey pulling his cart, felt pretty bad for the donkey

The official vet crew: Justin, myself, Joy


Haley giving an intra-muscular injection

This guy was passed out



This year we were working right next to the dump rather than in the middle of it

The full vet crew: Orel, Ian, Derek, Priscila, me, Joy, Haley, Justin, Debbie

The drunk guy insisted that Justin listen to the horse's leg with his stethoscope

My friend Vanessa who I met last year.  She pretended to be super shy around me the whole time

Haley learning to clean horse hooves

Haley giving an IV injection, this was her first time doing it, we were trying to get her to become a veterinarian instead of a medical doctor but I'm not sure we succeeded

At one point, the medication started going outside the vein so I had to take over and finish the injection

Priscila, my dear grandaughter.  After finding out how old we all were, she decided to call me Grandpa as I was the oldest member of the group (at a whopping 26).  So, for the rest of the week she always called me Grandpa :)

While I was sad to leave Mexico, it has been very nice being in CT with my family for a bit!

No comments: