Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Off With His Head!

This occurred last night:

Client stops in wanting to visit their pet in the ICU at 1:15AM. After checking with the ICU technician who informs me that they cannot stop in unscheduled in the middle of the night to visit I go back to break the news to the client:
Me: I have bad news, unfortunately we do not allow non-scheduled visits in to visit pets in the middle of the night
Client: Oh, well the doctor told us that when we were back in town we could visit our pet. He doesn't do well if he doesn't see us. If he ends up in the dump..... what's your name (she is now pointing her finger at me).... Dave? Well, if he ends up in the dump, I'm going to have your head on a stick in our yard.
Me (throwing my hands in the air): Hey, I'm just the bearer of the bad news.
Client (turns to leave and waves her finger at me): Oh no Dave, oh no!
And with those encouraging words she exits the hospital and heads off into the night.

As of right now my head is still attached to my shoulders and not swinging in the wind on a stick but who knows what the future holds!?

No comments: