Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 2

Today was a good day at school.  This morning I had a dentistry lab.  We had lecture first going over what we would be doing and then it was off to lab.  We had fresh dog heads to practice our dental techniques on.  We pulled 3 teeth as a group and each tooth we used a different method on.  Then, we had to suture up the area that we had opened after removing the teeth.  It was actually quite fun learning something that I will probably end up doing someday for real!  This afternoon consisted of two hours of neurology lecture in which we learned how to perform a neurological exam and what information can be taken from the exam to come up with a tentative diagnosis.  I must say, 3rd year is looking better than 1st and 2nd years already! This evening from 5-7pm I have a clinical skills review session to go over the skills that will be needed when it comes time to start surgery.  My group doesn't go into surgery until October 1st, so I have a little bit to wait!

No comments: