Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2/11

This past weekend I was in Wisconsin right near the Wisconsin/Illinois state line.  I was with a first cousin of my grandmother who is a large animal veterinarian.  Joy, my second cousin who is in the vet tech program down here in Champaign, myself, and Joy's parents drove up Friday evening and stayed at Art (the vet) and Marlene's house for two nights.  Saturday Joy and I went out with Art.  We did a surgery on a cow, took blood from 20 boars, helped a pig who was having a hard time giving birth, and banded some lamb's tails and scrotums.  We also got to see a couple of the clinics that Art is part owner of.  It was a lot of fun and both Joy and I really enjoyed it.  Sunday after the morning service I went out with Art to see a couple beef calves who were having diarrhea.  Then after church we left and drove back to Champaign.  It was a great weekend.

This week has been a little slow on oncology.  However, I do enjoy it which is nice.  I've just been chugging along, hard to believe that in just 3 months and 4 days I will be graduating!

No comments: