Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Official Rotations Are Finished!

Yesterday was my last day on my official clinical rotations.  This coming week I begin my 6 weeks of professional development which really are more clinical rotations.  I really enjoyed my time on my WEAMS rotation.  Yesterday I had a snake and a cockatoo for patients.  Tuesday and Thursday I was at different zoos so got to see and help with a number of different animals including rabbits, goats, chinchillas, a snake, a degu, a turkey vulture, a wallaroo, a baby otter, a meerkat, zebras, an owl, a tree frog, a cockatoo, and probably a few more that I'm forgetting.  It was really interesting trying to learn about all these different animals that I don't know a ton about.  

This coming week I will be on my first professional development rotation, small animal critical care.  It is a two week rotation so will go until mid-April.  Beginning on Monday, the third years start their clinical rotations so it will be interesting to look in the rearview mirror and see what we looked like when we first started our rotations.  

In honor of our last official day on rotations, us students and doctors on WEAMS all wore bowties, it was fun to see the reactions of the other staff and students at the hospital and of the clients when they would see a bunch of us wearing bowties.  
Dr Watson, Andy, Dr Mitchell, Sarah, Andrew, me.  There was another girl Steph on our rotation but she was off yesterday.

No comments: