Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Accident Update #2

Tonight I got a phone call from the auto body shop about my car and it is official, I have successfully totalled my first car.  (wow, what an accomplishment!)  The estimate for the repairs  was already 4300 dollars and that wasn't even everything.  So, now tomorrow I have to get in touch with the companies that buy cars like that.  Just what I need, something else to do!  Oh well, sometimes life just doesn't go the way you want it to, this just so happens to be one of those times for me!  But, on the bright side, I have one more day of class tomorrow and then I'm done with class.  This has been a bright spot for me as I deal with the post-accident excitement. 

Tonight, the U of I young group went to Schnucks (a grocery store) and carolled outside for the Salvation Army.  We carolled for two straight hours but it was fun.  Then we went to Brown House for hot chocolate, hot cider, coffee and fellowship.  However when I got there, the front door was wide open and the windows were open.  Apparently, its a good idea to have the flue open when you start a fire!  Once the smoke was dissipated and the windows and door closed the house warmed up nicely.   

No comments: