Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Accident Update

So, as a few of us suspected, the girl I hit last night was moving rather rapidly down the road.  Apparently she turned onto Lincoln Ave, the road I was turning onto, just a little bit down from the vet med driveway and accelerated rapidly.  A couple kids from my class who saw it happen said that she was really moving.  This makes it so I don't feel quite so bad (although I still do feel bad) because that may be why I didn't see her.  There were also cars parked on both sides of the road and it was drizzly out.   That would also explain why she spun me 180 degrees and pushed me right back into the vet med driveway!  I had to sign an authorization form so that they could look at my car.  I expect to hear back from them either today or tomorrow with the total damage.  Just what I needed to add to my already slightly elevated stress levels!

Now, a tiny bit of humor (even though I am an extremely serious person!).  My neurobiology lecture today was on the gross anatomy of the brain.  Before she started our lecture, our professor says, "So, today's lecture is really boring, I'm just gonna tell you that up front.  I am sorry about that.  I'm sure some of you are already looking up youtube videos or netflix."  It's not too often a professor says that kind of stuff, but if you knew Dr. Mahoney, you would understand!

No comments: