Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Oops

Well, tonight was less than ideal.  I was pulling out of the driveway of the vet med building and crashed into a girl driving an SUV.  I did not see her at all before I pulled out and did not see her until I had crashed into her.  It was just boom, and that was it.  I spun her 90 degrees or so and she spun me about 180 degrees.  I'm not sure why I didn't see her although I believe she pulled off a road that is adjacent to the vet med driveway.  Either way it was my fault.  She was nice about it as was the cop which I was glad for.  I was even more thankful for the fact that, although she said her shoulder was a little sore, she was not hurt.  I didn't feel sore right then but my neck and back are beginning to feel sore. I hit her SUV on the rear left tire and adjacent area.  All we could see tonight was that I had popped her tire and cracked her drivers side running board.  I am hoping that that is all that happened to her car.  My car had its bumper cracked, right front headlight smashed, hood sitting crooked, drivers side door that scraped and made a racket when it was open, coolant leaking from my radiator, and also, while the car still drove, I couldn't turn it.  I had it towed and it is at a body shop right now to hopefully have the damage assessed tomorrow.  Luckily, one of my friends Kaleb is allowing me to use his truck for tomorrow and then I am getting my uncles car tomorrow night.  I also got a $120 ticket to top it off for failing to yield on left turn.  While this whole ordeal is a huge inconvenience, I feel that it has shown me how much I have to be thankful for:  1. neither one of us was hurt except some soreness 2. friends and family who are willing to help me out when I am in need 3. the faith and confidence that something will work out even though I feel like everything has gone wrong.

On to a better subject.  I took my second quiz today and felt good about it.  I am glad its over although now I have to start studying to be ready for the final next week.  (Although I must admit, I did not get any studying done tonight, I wonder why!)  Well, now that it is twenty after eleven out here, I suppose I should go eat some supper and get to bed.  Goodnight!  

No comments: