Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back in CT

I arrived at home yesterday around 345PM.  Today I didn't accomplish a whole lot.  However, I did stop in at the vet where I worked at a few years ago to say hi.  While there, the owner was going to be removing a spleen from a dog because the spleen had a mass on it.  Well, he made the incision and the mass was quite large and he was having a hard time removing the mass.  Finally, he looked at me and said, "Why don't you scrub your hands and glove up and give me a hand."  I finally put to use the lessons on scrubbing up for surgery I had at the beginning of the school year!  So I scrubbed up and put on sterile gloves and helped him out during the rest of the surgery (No, I was not using any tools, I was strictly the assistant!).  It was a lot of fun though!  I start working at UCONN on Monday so I have tomorrow and the weekend to do nothing!

No comments: