Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

No More Class And Only One Week To Go!

Classes have ended for my first year of veterinary school. We had our last lecture yesterday at 1pm so we are officially done with classes!  However, we still have one week to go and the week is going to be extremely intense.  I was in the anatomy lab every day this past week starting on Monday and will spend almost the entire day in it today along with the whole afternoon/evening tomorrow.  No one in our class is ready for the lab exam on Monday.  It ha been bumped up from the normal 80 questions to 100 questions and to say our class is stressed would probably be an understatement.  I have heard the statement already in lab, "I'm almost in tears right now."  There really is an overwhelming amount of information to know for Monday but I am to the point where I just want to be done so I am making the final push.  After Monday's exam then we have two days off before we take day one of the final.  The final is going to be a beast.  Let's just say that kidney physiology and neurobiology of the cranial nerves and their functions are not the easiest subjects I have ever encountered!  So, this week, starting right now, will consist of long hours of studying every single day.  But, the light is present at the end of the tunnel which makes this week seem not as bad.  Funny story from yesterday's lecture.  The lecture yesterday was about testing different cranial nerves.  Cranial nerve 2 is responsible for eyesight so one of our professors Dr. Coleman stood in the back of the room, told us to look at the professor up front (Dr. Mahoney) and then he threw a ball to the front of the room to see if we saw it even though we didn't see it coming.  With that, Dr. Mahoney threw one back at him just for fun.  Well, one of these balls ended up by a kid named Matt in the front row and he took it and tossed it at Dr. Mahoney to hit her in the back.  Now, Dr. Mahoney is a fun-loving professor who doesn't have a problem with that.  However, right as he threw it, she bent down to pick one of the balls up and as she stood up, the ball thrown by Matt nailed her right in the nose.  Needless to say, there was a lot of laughter going on after that one!  Finally, here's a photo to end the post.  This is Dr. Coleman (the same one from the previous story) and I.  Dr. Coleman was our anatomy professor for the last quarter of veterinary school.  He taught us anatomy of the pelvic cavity and anatomy of the head.  Everyone calls me his son or his twin because we share first names, he is a veterinary pathologist and I have a high interest in pathology, and they say I look like him.  I'm not totally sure that I see a real close resemblance but some of the other kids think they do.  So I had to get my picture with him while holding our wonderful signs:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can kind of see that you look alike a little. Great picture, just a wrinkly jacket. Guess who?

dvm2015 said...

I haven't the foggiest idea who wrote that comment!

Anonymous said...

Who would notice that you have a wrinkly jacket?