Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend

This past weekend was a good time, a nice break from the stresses of the final weeks of my first year of veterinary school.  Friday night I studied for awhile and then headed off to Eureka to my cousins.  Upon entering their house I was somewhat taken aback at what appeared to be a meal waiting to be prepared.  I think you will understand why I was taken aback.  Here is exclusive footage of what I saw on their counter:

Even though the chef on the counter is holding a berry smoothie sign, I'm pretty sure those items on the counter do not constitute a berry smoothie! 

Saturday afternoon my cousins, uncle and I headed off to Bradford and had a nice evening with some family there.  I stayed overnight and went to Bradford church which was nice.  After church I headed back to Eureka and ate dinner with my cousins and uncle and some others.  Then it was back to their place for desert and visiting (or was that dog stew and visiting?)  It was a nice, relaxing weekend even though I did study a decent amount on Saturday. 

Now, here at the end of the post I must make a confession in order to not make my cousins look bad.  Heather was out mowing the lawn and Andrea was sleeping (she works third shift) Saturday afternoon and I took the opportunity to pile some of my dog bones on the counter along with a pan and some spices.  So no we did not have dog stew (that I'm aware of anyways!). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's new? Heather was working and Andrea was sleeping. Pretty typical, no?

Andrea said...

Oh, David you are hilarious!! I'm impressed with your creativity! And whoever posted anonymous on 4/30/12...I'd like to speak with you to set you straight! Haha :)