Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4-18

Three weeks and three days left of school!! The end is (almost) in sight!  However, after classes yesterday I decided that it's going to be a grueling last three and a half weeks.  We started physiology of the kidney in physiology.  We will finish the semester learning about how the kidney works.  Altogether we will have 14 hours of learning how the kidney does its job. Then we had neurobiology in which we are beginning to learn the cranial nerves (there are 12 cranial nerves coming off of your brain and brainstem) and what they do.  I believe that it is going to be challenging trying to remember what each nerve does.  Then, we finished the morning with the worst lecture so far in veterinary school.  It was 2 hours of nutrition.  We have a different nutrition professor then we did before our midterm exam as the one now is teaching us vitamins and minerals.  He flew through 175 slides or so in 2 hours out of a 228 slide powerpoint.  That's a whopping 85-90 slides an hour!  He skimmed a ton of stuff and skipped stuff on his slides.  Now, our whole class is wondering how we study the material and what is he going to want us to know for the exam since he barely talked about anything in any detail.  I have another two hours tomorrow with him but the slideshow for tomorrow only has 217 slides.  Then next Tuesday and Thursday I have two hours each day with him.  That's one class that I can't wait to be done with for sure!  I have received my histology lab exam grade back as well as anatomy lab exam grade and day 1 of my midterm grade.  My anatomy lab exam grade was actually the lowest I have received so far in school however, the histo lab exam grade and day 1 midterm exam grade were fine and will pull my grade to where I would rather have it.  Today we have three hours of anatomy lecture which will be a real thriller and then in anatomy lab we start the last phase of our cadavers, the head.  From the looks of it, the head is going to be a real beast, lots and lots and lots of memorization!  Oh well, thus it goes, it will keep me busy for the last few weeks of school!

No comments: