Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11

I'm back from a one week blogger hiatus!  Life has been kind of crazy out here in Illinois.  Since last Tuesday I have studied, spent time with family and friends, and then studied some more.  The rest of last week was uneventful if I remember correctly.  Saturday, I studied in the morning and then took a day and a half break from studying for other activities.  First was the pathology club cookout which was nice.  It was held at a fellow students house and was a nice relaxing time.  Here are just a couple photos of the set up in the backyard where we were:

One of the activities we played was pin the lesion on the cow.  This cow was drawn in an hour Saturday morning by one of the path club officers, not too bad for rushing! (I told her that it was just a limousin cow, which for those of you who don't know, is an actual breed of cow).

After the cookout I headed to Eureka and went to a singing. Sunday I was in Congerville for a wedding and then got to see my grandparents from Connecticut after church which was a treat!  After visiting with them for awhile it was off to Tremont for the Beutel Chili Cookout (or whatever the official title of the event is).  I did snap just a few photos, some of which turned out a bit blurry:


The guy on the far left of this picture in the blue shirt is my grandfather on my Dad's side: 
 I am not totally sure what happened here but it's kinda blurry and it looks like part of my face was removed at some point in my life, but I figured I would stick it in here anyways.
Now, the weekend is over and I have been studying away again.  Tomorrow night is the Illini Grove picnic where the church and the students have a picnic together for the evening.  That will give me a bit of a study break and then Sunday is our Welcome Student Picnic here at the U of I so that will keep me plenty busy on Sunday.  Other then that, the only thing on my agenda is to study, study, and then probably study some more!  Anyone care to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss u Dave and Rich will join u but not me!! Haha:) Love keeping up on here!:) Love..Rich and Andrea

Anonymous said...

now you decide to do a post.