Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I'm Back!

I got back from Mexico around 2pm this afternoon.  I cannot hardly describe the trip, it was simply amazing.  The folks at Isaiah 55 (the organization that is down there) are absolutely awesome people.  Their main mission is a school for deaf Mexican kids but they also help out in the community.  We poured concrete, welded, cut part of a tree down, made a sidewalk with pavers, painted an outdoor cage that had been welded, etc.  We accomplished a ton and even got to eat some awesome Mexican food while there.  It was so awesome to be able to get to know the people on the trip even better.  I think many relationships were strengthened on the trip.  One big thing, they took technology away including cell phones.  That was the best thing they could have done.  I totally forgot about my phone for most of the week as did everyone else.  This allowed us to focus only on the work at hand.  I forgot my camera in the van I was in but will hopefully put up a few pictures tomorrow.  I got a lot of them, that's for sure!

No comments: