Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

11-5

Yesterday was the final day of my third week of classes.  Time sure does fly!  Yesterday morning after lecture I was thinking, "Man I have a lot of studying to do after these lectures."  We had an hour physiology lecture on hormone signalling and then two hours of neurobiology lecture on spinal reflexes.  During the lectures the material seemed kind of confusing and hard to grasp however when I studied it later, I realized it wasn't really that bad after all, which I was glad for!  This afternoon I plan to head to Washington, IL and then this coming week is the start of our exams.  I have full day of classes on Monday, then on Tuesday I only have histology lecture from 9-10 and lab from 10-12.  Wednesday brings no school until 1 at which point we have our lab exam, where we will be asked to identify different structures on bones of the pelvis andhind limb as well as muscles, veins, arteries, and nerves of the hindlimbs.  We will also questions about histology slides as well as x-rays, so it ought to be a challenging exam, however it is also a marker to see how much we have learned (or should have learned) already.  Thursday is no school as it is our reading day where we will study for the midterm exam.  Friday's part of the midterm has each class (anatomy, physiology, neurobiology, histology, and clinical correlations) split up with a total of 100 multiple choice questions.  Then, next Monday, there will be a written portion of the exam, where they will integrate all the classes together, and for each question, there will be information from at least two classes that you will have to use to answer them.  That is the part of the exam that worries me the most but hopefully it will go well!

No comments: