Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

This past week I was off from school.  It was nice to take a break from school and spend time with family.  I was in Eureka with my cousins last weekend.  Then it was off to Tremont to spend some time with my grandparents.  While there, I did some studying for anatomy.  I had my bone box out (a dog skeleton with real bones) and my cousin Neal was quite interested in them.  Here he is, examining them:




For one of my study breaks, I asked him if he wanted to help me put the dog together, which he readily agreed to do:
The set only has enough ribs for one side and we did not put all the foot bones and other real small bones out.  He was pretty interested in it!

Then, on Tuesday evening I headed up to Fairbury.  Tuesday night we sang at a nursing home, then Wednesday I worked around the Zehrs' farm and visited some of my great uncles and aunts.  The Central Illinois Sing was Wednesday night and there were probably around 300 people there, it was pretty nice.  Wednesday night it was back to Tremont so I could be with family for Thanksgiving.  This year I went to one of my Dad's cousins houses.  My cousin Anna and second cousin Laura took plenty of pictures for me with my camera!

Grandpa and Uncle Dan (my gramp had shoulder surgery so his arm was bundled up a little bit):

Kasi and Andrea:

Heather and Anna:

Laura and Cali:

After dinner, we just hung around and visited and played some games:




We had to be careful not to be shot:

Playing telephone pictionary (a very fun game):

We went and checked out the animals in the barn as well; goats, ducks, and chickens:







It was a great evening and a lot of fun!

Saturday evening I went to Gridley, Illinois to spend some time with some of my extended family.  Again, I had a real good time.  Tonight, I came back to Champaign, and went to the anatomy lab to work on dissecting out some of the front limb muscles of our dog cadaver.  Now tomorrow, it's back to the real deal for another three weeks.  Then I will have completed one semester of vet school!

3 comments:

Heidi B said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Ask the Sauders if they have any Boers to sell!

Anonymous said...

Grampa probably didn't like having to eat with just one hand!