Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Internal Med Day 3

Today was yet another slow day for me on rotations.  While the other second years and their respective fourth years keep somewhat busy, my fourth year and I just haven't had much luck in attaining many patients.  We do have a Rhodesian Ridgeback coming in tomorrow for incontinence which will be our appointment so hopefully that will be interesting.  We will see!

I guess I never mentioned how my overnight shift on ER went or my Sunday in Princeville.  The overnight shift was great.  I barely got tired as we had something going on pretty much all night.  I got to the ER at 4pm on Saturday and left just a hair before 3AM (really 4AM without the time change) Sunday morning.  I really enjoyed it a lot.  It was actually quite nice with the rest of the hospital being so quiet.  I got to bed around 315AM and then my alarm went off at 630AM so I could drive two hours to Princeville.  Needless to say, I was quite tired after church so took a nice nap before we had our Rockville potluck.  I had a good time at the potluck, it was nice to catch up with everybody.  There were quite a few kids running around and making a bunch of noise, that's for sure.  At one point, someone asked me what I thought about all the kids running and screaming, etc.  My response, "It's good birth control."  All in all it was a really good weekend!

No comments: