Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/5

Well, today was a very long day.  I arrived at school at 6AM to give my cat pain meds and do an exam.  Then it was off to class from 8-12 and 1-3.  Around 345 it was back to my cat to do a short physical exam.  When we (Cari, the assistant surgeon was helping me) entered the room it seemed that our cat wasn't quite as bright as normal.  Her temperature was a little high and her gums were just slightly pale.  We got the doctor who is in charge of junior surgery and she palpated the cats abdomen only to find something funny in it.  She decided that she wanted us to take our cat to ultrasound.  I was a little worried and hoping that it wasn't anything that I did during the surgery.  Around 5pm we took our cat down to ultrasound where they found an area of fat that was inflamed.  So, it was nothing serious luckily, we gave an antibiotic shot and will send the cat home with an extra dose of a pain/anti-inflammatory medication.  She seemed to be doing a little better later on which was good so hopefully she will be ready to head home tomorrow!  After that I had class from 6-7 or so, then met with my four classmates who are going to Africa with me in June and then studied with one of my friends from 730-9 or so.  So, 6AM to 9PM straight, a mere 15 hours spent at school today, what a day!

Now, here are a couple pictures of my surgery group that we had taken yesterday before going in and spaying the cat.  Our group is awesome, we work really well together and are very supportive of each other which is really awesome!
From left to right: Olga, Cari, Mike, and I.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!!! Especially the first one!!!
Love, Mom