Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 2 Done!

Wow, it's already been a week since I last posted.  Nothing has changed since last time except I have another week under my belt!  This quarter is proving to be very busy due to the immense amount of lecture time I have.  But, it also means the week flies by.  This coming Tuesday I perform my first spay so that should be fun, here's to hoping it goes well! 

Tonight was supposed to be Parent Appreciation dinner and my grandparents were supposed to come from Tremont for it however it got cancelled due to weather.  So, I went, for the first time, to Vetscapades.  Vetscapades is an annual tradition at the vet school where students put together skits either on video or live and they are judged and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place are awarded.  It was hysterical, we have some very creative kids in the vet school and I'm not one of them!  At the end, they announced that there was one more raffle to be raffled off.  They read off the name "Wendy ......."  and then announced that there was a special presenter for the prize.  Here, her boyfriend James comes down to the front of the room behind her and takes the microphone.  They are both 2nd year vet students and have been dating since their first year of vet school.  He started talking about how they didn't know each other in undergrad even though they were both at the same school, how they came to vet school and fell in love and how happy he is with her.  He then proceeds to hand off the microphone, pulls a box out of his pocket, gets down on his knee, opens the box to expose the ring, and asks her to marry him.  Needless to say, there was a TON of clapping and screaming, and Wendy proceeded to lean down and just give him a huge hug.  I must say, at risk of tampering with my "manliness," that it was very touching and really cool to be able to see that.

I sat next to Brittany (or BMac as I call her) and she wanted to take a picture of me and her sitting there waiting for Vetscapades to start.  She emailed me the photo and I figured I would put it up here since I know everyone loves photos:

No comments: