Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Well, Here Goes!

Well, my internal medicine rotation is all but over and it's time for me to switch gears to farm animals.  My schedule is going to be kind of crazy the next few days:
Tues:
7AM-9AM: work up transfers for internal med
9AM: orientation for my farm animal rotation and then jumping right into it until about 630pm or so
7PM-1AM: I am scheduled for my first ICU shift so I will not be leaving school until 1AM Wednesday morning (18 hour shift at school, here's to hoping I don't fall asleep!)
1AM-630AM: freedom/sleep
630/7AM: get back to school for day 2 of my farm animal rotation and stay there until around 630PM. 

Luckily, I don't have any extra duties then until Friday evening when I'm on call for the large animal ER from 5PM to 7AM Saturday morning and then again from 8PM Saturday night to 8AM Sunday morning.  Then, if it all works out like I want it to, I am hoping to race to Fairbury for my friends wedding and reception before zipping back to Champaign for my friends graduation party. 

I was told that the farms rotation requires a lot of hours from you, and even though I haven't actually started it yet, I'm a believer. 

On a semi-different note, the farm animal rotation is my last rotation before my rotation in Africa.  Only 2 1/2 weeks until we leave!

1 comment:

Richard Hany said...

Wow! Can't believe your crazy schedule!!! Keep up the good work Dave!!!