Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Who Wants Their Appendix Anyways?

I think it's safe to say that yesterday did not go as I had planned.  Wednesday evening after dinner I had noticed a slight pain in my abdomen.  When I was going to bed, I figured it would probably be gone in the morning.  Well, I hardly got any sleep at all during the night as the pain increased and I couldn't get comfortable.  At some point during the night I was pressing on my abdomen and noticed that I was most sensitive on my right lower abdomen.  I immediately wondered if I was suffering from appendicitis.  In the morning when my parents got up I told them that I was concerned that it might be my appendix causing me the pain.  So, Dad called the doctor who told us to go immediately to the ER.  So, away we went.  A CT showed an enlarged appendix with thickened walls indicating inflammation.  Around 6pm last night I went into surgery to have my appendix removed.  I got out around 7pm and left the hospital for home around 915pm.  Today I am feeling much better than yesterday.  I do have some soreness near my incisions (I have three small incisions from my belly button down) but otherwise am doing great and am not taking any pain medications.  I am still okay to fly back to Illinois tomorrow morning as long as I get up and walk a little bit a couple time during the flight. 

No comments: