Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Anesthesia

I have finished my anesthesia rotation.  This past week, we were absolutely swamped with anesthesia cases.  Every single day we had a ton of cases and we were running around like crazy.  Luckily we were a good team and helped each other out.  Friday night I was on call so at 5pm I took over a dog that was having its hip fractures fixed after getting hit by a car.  I didn't end up leaving until 830pm.  I was lucky and didn't get called in during the night though.  That ended my anesthesia rotation. I learned a ton but wasn't a particular fan of the hurry, hurry, hurry environment.  Tomorrow I will begin my second small animal emergency medicine rotation.  It will last for the next two weeks and then I'm off for two weeks!

Last night I went to a Dailey and Vincent concert.  It was a great time, I really appreciated their sense of humor and their music was great.  I highly recommend them.

No comments: