Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Blue Coat Ceremony

Sunday, August 21 was the day of the Blue Coat Ceremony for my vet class, the class of 2015.  It was basically our formal introduction into the world of veterinary medicine.  It was pretty short with the dean of the vet school talking and then the introduction of each student separately at which time the student was assisted in putting on their blue coat which is used in the clinics.  It was nice for me because I got to see who each student was, I could try to put a name to a face.  We have 129 students in our class, 31 guys and 98 girls.   

This is Brittany.  I first met Brittany my freshman year at UCONN.  We both majored in pathobiology at UCONN, graduated in May 2011, both worked in the necropsy lab at UCONN and now are in the same class at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.  She is also in my anatomy group, I just can't get away from her! ;) 


This is Max.  He would be my step second cousin who is also in my class at school.  He would be my grandma Nancy's great nephew. 

I had a front row seat for the ceremony due to my last name being pretty early in the alphabet.


This is Dr. Whitely, the dean of the vet school.  Although this picture is blurry I decided to put it in anyways.  He actually used to be the department head of pathobiology at UCONN.  Also, the new president of the University of Illinois used to be the president of UCONN also.  So, there is quite a bit of U of I/UCONN connection.


Here's my family (minus Heidi and Evan) after the Blue Coat Ceremony.

This was all fun and good times but after that it was time for the real deal, vet school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwww congrats! you and brittany look so nice!