Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Last Day of Work

Well, yesterday I bid adios to my job at UCONN where I have worked for the past three years.  I loved my job there and will definitely miss working there.  Everyone was awesome there and I felt like I knew and got along well with everyone there.  I worked in two sections of the pathobiology lab: microbiology and necropsy (animal autopsy).
In the morning, there was a big photo session in micro!

There were two students working in micro this summer, myself and Marilyn.  And, "oh, would you look at that!" here's a photo of Marilyn!


Gail was in charge of mastitis testing and the kitchen and salmonella and..., well you get the picture!


Lynn was the microbiologist so she was in charge of the microbiology part of the lab.  I believe her motto should be: "Lynn's the name, bacteria's the game!"

Here's the whole micro crew together, Lynn, Marilyn, Lynn, me, and Gail.

In the afternoon there was even a cake for me (and everybody else!).  Many thanks to Sharon for getting the cake!
In case you can't read it, it reads "Look out vet school here comes Dave"


They had me cut the cake while everyone else watched.  As far as I know that knife was NOT from the necropsy room however you never know!

Ethan and Erica, a couple of my fellow necropsiers! (probably not an actual word but who cares?)

Maralis, a microbiology lab alumnus, came back for the party! (the pic is slightly blurry but I included it anyways)

Although I didn't work in the serology section of the lab I still enjoyed the time spent talking with the people that worked there.  Here's the two ladies in charge there, Maureen and Holly

This is my friend Edyta who is also a fellow necropsier and also works in serology.  She will be attending vet school starting next year. 

While I will miss everyone at the lab, the time has come to move on towards my goal of becoming a veterinarian.  Many, many thanks to everyone at the lab for everything, I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there and will look forward to visiting during my breaks from vet school!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Wow that's a lot of pics! Sorry I missed the party! -Mel

Maralis Martinez said...

The best summer ever = summer 2010! Good times. I'm going to miss you a lot! Maybe I can go work at your clinic as a clinical lab person in a few years :)

I culture that!