Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Class (Part 2)

Hello again!
I am on lunch break meaning I made it through a half day of vet school without dropping out!  After having a 50 minute lecture on performing calculations for drug dosages my class split up into our rotation groups.  There are 17 of us in Farm Animal Husbandry and Techniques.  We had a brief orientation and then went to the Clinical Skills Learning Center to learn how to tie different kinds of knots that are commonly used when working with large animals.  Right before lunch we learned how to "cast a cow" which consists of placing a large rope around a cows neck, shoulders, and abodomen and then pulling from behind to cause the cow to fall to the ground.  This afternoon we will be working with chickens.  I will be posting a post with some pictures from my Blue Coat Ceremony yesterday sometime in the near future. 

1 comment:

Heidi B said...

Glad to hear you didn't drop out yet! Sounds like an interesting day :)