Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving In and iVLE

Hello from Illinois!  This will be my first post from a state that hopefully I will come to love as I will be spending four years here in vet school!  This post will contain no pictures as will be the case with many of my future posts.  I have successfully moved into my apartment and everything is going well.  Most of my stuff was moved in this past Saturday (8-13) and the rest this past Monday (8-15).  I think that I will enjoy it at the apartment a lot!

Wednesday was iVLE which stands for Illinois Veterinary Leadership Experience.  It took place at Lake of the Woods park which is a short drive from school.  It was a day filled with ice breaking and leadership games and getting to know our new classmates.  Second and third year vet students along with some vet school faculty put it on, it was a fun day and I enjoyed it.  Wednesday night, I went to Cissna Park for church without calling anyone or knowing anyone there but was warmly welcomed!  I had a wonderful time there!  Thursday and Friday are orientation but I will write on that later when it is over.   Monday is the first day of classes, I can't wait! Clinicals are first which makes it even more exciting!  Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: