Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 2 Day 1

Well, day one of week two is done.  After attending a lecture on making decisions with clients it was off to the Clinical Skills Learning Center to begin my surgical skills rotation.  The main project for the morning was learning the different kinds of tools used in surgery, mostly small animal surgery.  At lunch I attended a session where two doctors were presenting a case of bone cancer in a dog.  After lunch we learned the different tools used to castrate animals and to dehorn animals.  We then attended a session on using empathy when speaking with clients and finished the day learning how to tie hand-ties.  The surgical skills rotation is not as laid back as my farm animal husbandry and techniques rotation from last week as there is a lot more reading and online quizzes.  But, I am sure that I will learn a lot!

No comments: