Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ortho Day 4

Today again started at about 630 as my fourth year and I took care of her two patients that are in the ortho ward.  Then it was off to CSLC to learn how to bandage legs.  Then, back to the hospital to go into a couple appointments, both dogs coming in for rechecks and both dogs were doing well!  It got pretty busy today in ortho.  There were three dogs that came in for appointments and ended up getting CT scans so that was neat, I got to see my first CT scans!  After spending some time in the ortho ward, it was back to CSLC to practice sewing on real stomachs, intestines, and arteries.  We practiced how to tie off the arteries during a surgery to prevent them from bleeding everywhere.  Then we ended the day as usual with rounds, reviewing the different patients we had currently there in the ortho ward.  Tomorrow morning will be my third straight morning of being to school for 630, so I best be getting off to bed!

No comments: