Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Ortho Day 5

Today was a rather slow day which was totally fine with me.  I helped my fourth year take care of her two cases in the morning and then headed off to colloquium where we learned about managing a practice.  Then it was back to the clinic where I spent a lot of time just hanging out and talking with other people since my fourth year didn't have any surgeries or new cases.  I did have my clinical skills assessment this afternoon which went fine.  I had to drape a patient, scrub in for surgery, identify surgical tools and perform hand-ties while being watched by the faculty.  After that it was back to the clinic for rounds and then that was the end.  I really enjoyed my week on orthopedic surgery.  The fourth years were awesome and I learned a lot from them!  I also received my final exam grade and I should be good to continue on in my veterinary schooling as I didn't flunk out so I am happy.  I will be in Champaign this weekend as we have a baptism so am looking forward to that.  Next week I will be on small animal ER!  Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: