Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday 4/22

Well, today was an interesting day.  It started off normally but a phone call from the "Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania" started off the interesting part.  I had UPS'd my passport, along with a ton of paperwork and of course money, to them to attempt to get a VISA.  However, on the return envelope, I did not include postage.  So, I spent a decent part of my morning calling between FedEx and the embassy trying to get my passport back to me.  Needless to say it is not on its way back but hopefully by this Friday things will be sorted out and it can head back to Champaign. 

I visited my great uncle Earl this morning in the hospital as he had surgery to repair a broken hip.  Got to see the occupational therapist assistant at work.  While  I was there I got a phone call from one of the pathologists at school asking if I could come in early (along with the rest of my classmates) so we could get started on necropsies as there were quite a few to do.  Today we had a dog, a cat, a foal, a chicken, a ram (the ram was my case) and a 1900 pound camel.  The camel was really cool for the first little while however, to dispose of this beast we had to put it into 30 pound bags.  This meant cutting this huge camel up into 30 pound pieces, talk about a ton of work and a ton of time! When I got changed I had gotten blood through my coveralls, through my scrub pants, and onto my legs, I was a total mess. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a ton of work and a ton of time for almost a ton of camel