Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday 7/25

Well, I've been keeping plenty busy here on ER!  However my animals have not been doing too well, fortunately it's not because of anything that I have done wrong.  Yesterday I was involved in the euthanasia of the husky I saw last Thursday on my neurology rotation.  My patient from Wednesday was also euthanized yesterday.  I also learned that my patient from Monday as well as my patient from last Friday on neurology were euthanized.  That's a lot of death but that's just how vet med goes sometimes. 

Today my patient was a......chicken!  Yup, we had a chicken present to our ER today for not walking well on its right foot.  We took a quick radiograph of its foot and it turns out it had dislocated the biggest toe on its foot.  So, we popped the toe back in place and put a splint and bandage on its toe and sent it on its way.  Don't believe I've ever been involved in anything like that before!

Tomorrow I am on day shift again so will be at school from 7AM until 4-6PM or so.  Then Sunday I switch to nights (I go in from 4PM-3AM or so) so I'm off Saturday evening and Sunday morning and early afternoon.  I plan to head to Tremont to be with my brother and see my Uncle Dale and Aunt Mare and their kids again.  Then I will be on nights all next week except for Monday night which is my day off this coming week.

No comments: