Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/24

Today in lab, I got to palpate mares (just like I palpated cows last Tuesday in lab).  Well, let's just say I have even more learning to do on palpating mares than I did on palpating cows!  It was challenging for me to find the uterus, uterine horns, and ovaries in the mare.  Many times I thought I found the ovary only to figure out that it was actually just a ball of poop, how fun!  Anyways, it was still fun and I enjoyed being able to give it a whirl and I hope I can get better at it in the future. 

Also, today it was made official that when my group goes into surgery for the first time a week from today, I will be the surgeon.  So, my first surgery happens in one short week, very exciting and also nerve-wracking! 

Now for a couple funny quotes from today:
One of my classmates at the mare palpation lab today: "I hated palpating cows last week, they kept farting in my eyes!"

My ophthalmology professor today in class (she is quite pregnant and has been told by her doctor that she can lecture as long as she sits down to lecture) after mentioning about how professors keep walking by and looking in the room and shaking their heads at her: "What, is it not cool that I'm sitting while lecturing instead of giving birth in the front of the class?  I would say it's more cool for me to be lecturing sitting down than it is for me to be leaking amniotic fluid all over the floor." 
Needless to say, she is hilarious even when she can't be up walking and dancing around.

No comments: