Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday School Campout

This weekend was a real good weekend.  For one, I didn't have to study since I took my midterm on Friday.  For two, my buddy Ben came out from CT to spend the weekend with me.  For three, it was the weekend of the Sunday School campout.  I picked up Ben at Indianapolis airport and then we headed straight to the campout.  The campout was full of good times for both the young group folks as well as the sunday school kids.
One of the games was dodgeball except the players were blindfolded and each blindfolded person had a person standing outside the playing field acting as their guide, telling them where to move, bend down to pick up a ball, and where to throw it.  It was actually pretty neat to watch!  


 The other game that I have pictures of involved two pairs of shoes with a stretchy cord attached.  Each set of shoes was looped around a tree near the other set of shoes.  The player then had to step into a pair of shoes, walk towards the other player (tension would then accumulate in the rope as the player walked away from the tree), and trade shoes with the other player.  It was quite entertaining to watch people try it!





Ben and Kaleb, shown in the previous two pictures, actually succeeded in trading shoes!

These last two photos are from breakfast.  The campout was definitely a success, a lot of fun was had by all!


After the campout, Ben and I headed back to my place where we whipped up some chocolate chip cookie dough to be baked later in the evening when people were over (yes, two guys in the kitchen making cookies, it was quite adorable ;)  Then I showed him the vet school (he had no idea it was as big and involved as it is), went out to dinner and then played volleyball with some friends who then came over and played games and helped us consume our cookies (they came out great if I don't say so myself!)

Today we went to church and then I brought him back to Indianapolis.  It was awesome having him out here and I think he enjoyed being here as much as I enjoyed having him out!

3 comments:

Heidi B said...

Sounds like you had fun! Where are the pictures of you playing the games? :)

dvm2015 said...

Hard to play the games when I'm taking pictures!

Heidi B said...

It doesn't look like you were taking pictures the whole night! ;)