Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

First Day of Class

Well, I have completed my first day of classes.  I talked some about it on my last post.  This afternoon I had my first anatomy lecture and then it was off to the anatomy lab.  My group of four has a rather large dog, completely fixed in formalin.  Today we skinned the hind legs and worked to remove all the connective tissue to reveal the muscles.  It took quite awhile and we plan to continue working on the hind legs tomorrow.  There is a tremendous amount of information, even today on the first day.  It will require a lot of time and studying on my part to keep up, but I think (hope) I am up for the challenge.  I have anatomy lab three times a week so between scheduled lab time and extra time spent there trying to learn I am bracing myself for many hours spent laboring over my group's dog.  If anybody ever wants to see what vet school is like, you can just come on out and I can give you a taste, I'm sure it will make you want to go to vet school too! :)

No comments: