Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 7 Day 1

Today started off with a lecture on career options in regulatory vet med, in other words vet med jobs in government.  After that it was off to my first day of my ophthalmology rotation.  I saw both dogs and horses get their eyes worked on today.  It was pretty neat.  It seems that every animal we saw had some degree of cloudiness in their eye due to either cataracts or glaucoma.  Two of the patients we saw today are going in for surgery tomorrow so I will get to be in the surgery room tomorrow which will hopefully be neat.  I will describe the procedure tomorrow.  I was at school at 745AM and didn't leave until almost 6PM.  Vet school so far has been like a job, you are in early in the morning and get out late afternoon early evening.  It is much different from undergraduate however I am not saying that is a bad thing.  The rotation seems like it is going to be a good one and I look forward to another week full of learning!

No comments: