Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

First Week of Class

Well, I have finished my first week of classes.  It was everything that everyone said it would be, a whole lot of information thrown at you and you hope you can retain some of it.  Fortunately, I am comfortable with histology so that one wasn't bad at all this past week.  Neurobiology wasn't bad at either, pretty much basic biology of the nervous system.  Physiology has been almost all biochemistry so far which is not my favorite subject in the world.  The real killer is anatomy though.  The amount of information they want us to know is incredible.  They want us to know the bones and all the lumps and bumps on each bone of the hind limb, all the muscles on the hindlimb, where they are attached to, what they do to the hindlimb and what nerve controls them!  Now they are teaching us the arteries and veins of the hindlimb.  One of the kids in my anatomy group and I were talking today and saying that anatomy's motto should be "All you ever didn't want to know about the dog."  I am glad, however, that I do find most of the information interesting and know that it can be useful to what I want to do (unlike many of my undergrad classes).  Tomorrow morning I am taking a break from studying and participating in a World Relief project, although I'm really not sure what the exact project consists of. I will find out in the morning though!  Well, one week down, four more 'til Thanksgiving break, and seven more 'til Christmas break! 

No comments: