Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Campout

This past Friday night was a young group/Sunday School campout.  The single members from University of Illinois and Champaign brought the sunday school students (4th grade and up) to Kickapoo State Park in Oakwood, Illinois where we were able to play games together and get to know each other better.  It was a lot of fun and I think the kids enjoyed it. 

Before I get too far, I have to post this picture of Kaleb.  Just an hour before he was telling me how he never lets anyone take his picture just for fun and how some people had all kinds of pictures of his hand in the camera.  Well, I got a good one of him right here, it was the first picture I took at the campground.  He was not expecting it so I caught him by surprise.

We had a nice set-up with straw bales around the campfire and the food tables next to the fire. 


We roasted hot dogs for supper on Friday night and then played games and sat around the fire before heading to the tents for a short nights rest
  

















 













In the morning we had eggs and bacon over the fire.  Here's Tristan hard at work

One thing that was done for breakfast that I had never done before was to heat donuts over the fire.  They were actually quite good when heated this way.



It was kind of rainy overnight Friday night and then into Saturday so we did cut the trip a bit short and headed back to church to play some games with the students. First we had to get everything all cleaned up:

Here's most of the crew on Saturday (a few left late Friday night):
And of course, what fun would pictures be if we didn't have a goofy one:

The campout was a lot of fun despite the rain that rolled in.  I think we all can look back on it with fond memories.

Also, this past weekend I was able to spend some time with some of my friends from Connecticut.  We had a great time together and I look forward to seeing them again sometime!

No comments: