Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 6 Day 1

Well, today I had my first day of Anesthesiology.  First we had our colloquioum lecture on careers in large animal medicine which was pretty interesting.  Then it was off to our rotations.  After having a brief introductory lecture on the process of intubation and anesthesia, we were free to roam and observe any surgeries requiring anesthesia.  It was a pretty slow surgery day so we had a lot of down time but we did get to see an alpaca get anesthetized so that was neat along with some other minor things.  During lunch hour I went to Grand Rounds, where an interesting case from the hospital is talked about.  It just so happened that the case that was presented was a case that I had been involved in when I was on my equine rotation which was kind of neat.  It was during this presentation that I first saw this video in which I am featured as the main star which makes me famous I think.  Okay, maybe I just so happen to be involved with the mini horses that are being worked on and I the camera happens to pass over me momentarily so I'm not actually the star of the video, but hey, everyone needs to feel good bout themselves sometimes right? ;)  But seriously, if you would like to see just a little peek at what we do when we are working/learning at school here's the link:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRDpClhs2uQ

During the afternoon we learned how to intubate dogs via the models in the Clinical Skills Learning Center and also learned the parts to an anesthesia machine.  Counting this rotation I have three rotations left and then its onto our core classes.  I can't believe its week 6 of vet school though, its really crazy how the time is flying, September is almost over already.  Where does the time go?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Interesting video ...... but definitely not my type! :)