Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 6 Day 5

Today was the last day of my anesthesiology rotation. After morning rounds we had our colloquium lecture on careers in vet med from an equine vet.  After that it was off to view some intubations and a lecture on intubation and IV catheter placement.  Just before lunch I got to help intubate a dog by restraining and placing EKG needles.  After lunch I watched a pig get anesthetized and then have its nails trimmed, ears and eyes cleaned, and have an ultrasound.  Near the end of the day I watched a horse be prepared to have an eye removed however before they made the first cut I had to go take the anesthesiology rotation quiz (which was extremely easy, we could talk to our classmates, and then we just went over the answers before we left).  After the quiz it was home for the weekend.  Tonight Loren's (one of my roommates) parents and sibilings came to our apartment for dinner.  I enjoyed getting to know them a little better. I will be heading to Tremont for a chili cookout tomorrow evening and then back home tomorrow night so I can be home for the U of I vet school open house on Sunday.

No comments: