Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pflederer Reunion

Last Saturday, September 10, was the Pflederer Reunion.  My great-grandma Beutel was a Pflederer so I went to the reunion for the first time in many years.  It was held at Matthiessen State Park in Utica, Illinois.  We had lunch under the pavillion there.

After lunch, some of us took a little hike down to a body of water that lies in a canyon.  At the beginning of the hike I saw this funny little caterpillar hanging out on the railing so I snapped a shot (I think that's my sister Heidi coming out in me ;)

Here are some photos down by the water in the canyon.  There are some small caves there too.








A popular activity down by the water is to crawl along the rock sides around the water.  If you slip, you're gonna get wet, but I believe that everybody made it without getting completely soaked.

The reunion was a nice time and I got to meet some family members who I don't know well at all!
That night I went to a hog roast and then on Sunday I went to the Beutel Chili Cookoff which was also a good time.  There was quite a few of the family there and I definitely enjoyed it as I have never made it to the chili cookoff before.  Overall, it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is not nice to say that the caterpillar is heidi and she coming out of you:)