Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend in Forrest/Fairbury

Labor day weekend I spent in Forrest/Fairbury Illinois.  There were over two hundred people at the Saturday night dinner with many church young groups represented from Minnesota to Connecticut to Kansas.  It was nice getting to know some new people.  I also spent some time on a farm in the area.  I got to vaccinate calves, help sort calves, and palpate cows.  Speaking of palpating cows, I have a funny story:  I was right in the middle of palpating a cow (meaning I had my whole arm in the cows butt) when my phone rang.  I had my left hand outside the cow so I grabbed my phone and answered it.  On the other end my Mom says, "Hi, where are you at?" to which I respond, "I'm at the Zehr's with my arm up a cows butt."  Her response: "Oh, I guess its not a good time to talk huh?"  I got a kick out of the perfect timing! Well, week three of vet school is here!

No comments: