Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 4 Day 5

Yesterday was the last day of my equine medicine and surgery rotation.  First we had a colloquium session (where the whole class is lectured to for 50 minutes before going to our respective rotations) on pathology, right up my alley!  Then for most of the rest of the morning I worked on my online modules that I am trying to get done.  Over lunch hour we talked about some of the more interesting equine cases we had.  Then, after lunch, we learned how to scrub, gown, and glove.  After that we got to see them put a cast on a young horse that had a severe leg wound.  We ended the day learning how to suture on intestines which was neat because its a little different than suturing skin.  Thus ended my equine odyssey and now next week I will have OneHealth, which I'm not totally sure what I will be doing in that rotation but we will see on Monday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: